Re: NCR53C9x (MCA) SCSI problem with scanner

Seems like it's just a conflict between the controller and the scanner
because the other devices work ok.  As it crashes anyway, with
termination on the controller, try it without.

man sane-scsi only briefly refers to the ncr53c8xx controller in the
context of 2.0 kernels.  You could try setting the SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_SCSI
variable to see if anything in the debug messages help.  Also check
sane-hp.

LeeE