Re: Debian Firewall/Gateway

S . Salman Ahmed <ssahmed@pathcom.com> writes:

>>Anyone have any ideas as to why name resolution/lookup might not work ?

How did you configure DNS on this second machine?  I'm far from a
firewall expert :) but all I did was to put my ISP's DNS server IPs in
/etc/resolv.conf on my internal system and the firewall simply passes on
the request out through the NAT and gives me back the reply.

I can't think I did anything else.  Did you check your firewall log
for any indications that you're blocking the DNS traffic?

Robin Collins