Re: screensaver/dpms

On Sat, Nov 18, 2000 at 04:56:13PM +0100, Daniel Faller wrote:
> On Saturday 18 November 2000 16:50 Kevin C. Smith wrote:
> > I had posted this quetion a week ago and got the response:
> > 	man xset
> > This does not appear to do what I require.
> >
> > How do I turn off the screensaver and/or dpms by default for all users.
> > Also wish both to be off while users are logged out to the xdm login
> > screen. The command xset reverts to defaults when the user logs out, so
> > will not work. I searched the internet, and through my /etc directory with
> > no solution yet. For some reason my system sometimes locks when the screen
> > saver starts, so it needs to be off. Just don't like the dpms on.
>
> Put something like: xset -dpms
>
> in /etc/X11/Xsession

Putting xset -dpms s off in /etc/X11/Xsession does work while the user is
logged in.

However once the user logs out the xdm login screen appears and settings
revert back to default.

If xset is the answer, where to I put it so that xdm will read it when
"NO user is logged in." That is before a user logs in and after user logs out.

Thanks for the help,

Kevin