Re: netbase & nfs server

On Sat, Nov 18, 2000 at 04:42:10PM +0100, Johannes Zellner wrote:
> I've installed netkit-ping, I didn't find iptools-ping and a search
> on the debian site for iptools returned nothing. Maybe iputils-ping ?
> Ahh. Yes. iputils-ping seems to provide ping.

oops, my mistake, I was thinking about one thing and typing another...

> dpkg -L 'net-tools' returns:

> /sbin

Here you should've seen the following:

/sbin/ifconfig
/sbin/rarp
/sbin/route
/sbin/slattach
/sbin/plipconfig
/sbin/ipmaddr
/sbin/iptunnel

> /sbin/mii-tool
> /bin

and here /bin/netstat

> maybe this is the problem ?
> I see only docs and locale files here. No executables.
> Any comments ?
>
> ii  net-tools     1.57-1      The NET-3 networking toolkit

Sounds like a problem indeed. You have the same version as I do, so my
guess is that your installation or dpkg database is corrupt.
Reinstalling net-tools should help.

--
Tommi Komulainen                               Tommi.Komulainen@iki.fi