Re: netbase & nfs server

On Fri, Nov 17, 2000 at 11:36:59PM +0200, Tommi Komulainen wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 17, 2000 at 10:33:11PM +0100, Johannes Zellner wrote:
> > After upgrading netbase, the nfs-server doesn't work any more:
> > Starting NFS servers:Cannot register service: RPC: Unable to receive; errno = Connection refused
> >
> > what's the problem ?
>
> Portmapper annoyances - if you restart portmapper, you also need to
> restart all programs using the portmapper, this includes at least
> ypbind, ypserv and nfs-server.

no. This is not the problem. The problem is that the
new netbase is somehow broken. With the new netbase,
programs like ifconfig and ping are missing, I don't
know if this is related. I've yet some years of UNIX
experience and I didn't manage to get nfs working with
the new netbase. (maybe I'm just too stupid ?). Anyway:
a friend of mine didn't succeed either, so just a simple
question:

Is someone running netbase > 4 successfully (working
nfs server for example ?)

Meanwhile I downgraded to netbase 3.?

--
   Johannes