Re: can't send with mutt and exim

On Sat, Nov 18, 2000 at 01:04:25AM -0600, ktb wrote:
> I posted earlier but have some more to add.  I'm trying to send mail
> with mutt through exim from my debian box through my openbsd box
> (firewall NAT).  This is the message I get in the log when I try to
> send mail to my self at my isp (x.y.f@home.com).
>
> 2000-11-18 00:56:56 13x1vk-0000IX-00 <= kent@home.com U=kent P=local
> S=415 id=20001118005656.A1144@home.com
> 2000-11-18 00:56:56 13x1vk-0000IX-00 ** x.y.f@home.com: unknown
> local-part "x.y.f" in domain "home.com"
Did you set the 'visible name' of your system to home.com? does exim
accept mail for the home.com domain? then it probably thinks x.y.z is a
local user on the system, and if it doesn't exist, it will fail to
deliver it, since it thinks your home machine is mail server for
home.com. set your domain name/visible mail name to something else then
home.com, for example x.y.z.local.home.com

BTW: if all your domain thingies are set to something else then home.com,
and your mail server doesn't accept mail for home.com, it's probably
something else :)

--
> Name:           Alson van der Meulen      <
> Personal:       alson@linuxfreak.nl       <
> School:       alson@gymnasiumleiden.nl    <
Yes, I chowned all the files to belong to pvcs.  Is that a problem to you?