Re: what fax software do you suggest?

USM Bish <bish@nde.vsnl.net.in> writes:

> For small time requirements that you envisage, the
> efax program is good enough. It is on the main sub
> dir of Debian. Has an utility called  "efix" which
> does the job of conversion between fax, text, bit-
> map, greyscale, ps and other formats.
>
> For heavier workload, most people vouch for mgetty
> + sendfax. Don't have personal  experience on this
> combination.

Do you know anybody who has? I have a problem with my setup when I
want to send an mgetty-fax as user.

andre@mir:~$ faxspool 31 newfile.ps
cannot write to /var/spool/fax/outgoing!
andre@mir:~$ ls -l /var/spool/fax/
total 8
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root         4096 Aug 31 20:09 incoming
drwxrwxr-t    2 root     fax          4096 Oct 28 12:32 outgoing

though andre is a member of group fax. It works only as root.

-- Andre