Re: what fax software do you suggest?

For small time requirements that you envisage, the
efax program is good enough. It is on the main sub
dir of Debian. Has an utility called  "efix" which
does the job of conversion between fax, text, bit-
map, greyscale, ps and other formats.

For heavier workload, most people vouch for mgetty
+ sendfax. Don't have personal  experience on this
combination. I have used "kfax"  (kde) in the past
without any problems ... However, for the rare few
faxes out of my system "efax" was the final choice
for me. Small, efficient, no-frills software which
works !!!

Recommendation: Do an apt-get for efax.

USM Bish