Re: X color depth question

>From what I recall, in X3.3.6 TNT cards could not run above 16bpp
mode. Mine (TNT1) ran fine at 16bpp mode however, so that was good enough
for me.
Now with X4.0.1, i have running in 1200x960 in 24bpp (Xfree86 server) so
I can't complain at all. Oh, and I'm running the nVidia kernel and GLX
supplements too (avialable at www.nvidia.com) which are much better
supported for X4.0.1 than X3.3.6.

Cheers,
 Corey J. Popelier