Installation problems

I'm having problems installing Debian on my system. I have the Promise
UDMA66 card, a SiS 6326 video card and an Aureal Vortex 2 AU8830 sound card.
None of these install, nor does my /dev/lp0 even though I know it is ECP, at
0x378-0x37F and 0x778-0x774 on IRQ 7 and DMA 3.

I finally worked out how to install. Instead of using floppies and then
typing some, undocumented in the install manual, parameters, I downloaded
the install from hard disk files in the udma66 directory. Once I duplicated
the way they were setup, I could boot to Debian and start the install
process.

I need to know what drivers to add to my kernel for the above devices. I am
aware that there is no support for the AU8830 other than that at
SourceForge. The Aureal package there says it works on RedHat (6.0 - 6.2
kernel 2.2.16 and 2.4) and Slackware (7.0 kernel 2.2.16 and 2.4). What are
the chances it will work on Debian?

TIA for your help,
James.