Re: System.map

In a galaxy not too far away, Debian Ghost spoke on Fri, Nov 17, 2000 at 11:34:40AM -0500:
> Recently I started getting a message when I do a ps -ef | grep *something.
>
> The message reads about my system map not matching my kernel. I recently
> recompiled a kernel to include msdos support, but that is all I've done.

How did you install your new kernel - maybe you didn't install the new
System.map?
if you didn't do it that way: you should really use make-kpkg to make a debian
package of your new kernel and then install it with dpkg. just search this
mailing lists' archive, how this is done has been explained numerous times in here...

greets,
/stefan.