'Stable' tracks 2.2r0, 2.2r1,...?

Hello,

A simple question here:

If I have a machine that is using apt-get to stay in sync
w/ the security updates and bug fixes in stable, does this
automatically keep it up w/ the latest stable version?
i.e., my install cd's were 2.2r0.  Now 2.2r1 is out. Soon
(hopefully) 2.2r2 will be out.  Will apt-get automatically
keep up w/ the latest stable release, using the default
settings for stable in /etc/apt/sources.list, or do I need
to change something?  I would hope/think that it would, I
am just looking for a confirmation from someone who knows.

Thanks,

Monte