Re: Getting a list of installed packages

On Thu, Nov 16, 2000 at 03:16:47AM +0000, John Carline wrote:

> [...]

    I'd like to point out here also, that when I tried to uninstall a package,
but it failed due to a dependency problem, the first "i" changed even though
the package was still installed, because apparently my attempt to remove the
packages changed the first state to a desired of purge. Seems that this isn't
always the right formula. Perhaps this?

dpkg -l '*' | perl -ne 'print if substr($_,1,1) eq "i"'

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to UNIX