Re: Getting a list of installed packages

Robert Guthrie <rguthrie@pobox.com> writes:

> I'm using this command:
> dpkg -l * | egrep "^ii" | grep -i kde

It seems that 'dpkg -l' (without the pattern) lists all installed
packages, so you don't need to filter the installed packages out. But,
this isn't important...

> and getting this output:
> <snip>
> ii  ksirc          2.0-final-0.po IRC Client based on QT and KDE
> ii  ksirtet        2.0-final-0.po Tetris and Puyo-Puyo games for KDE
> <snip>
>
> What I'm trying to get is the full version information.  I only care about
> that and the package name.

You can do it with awk: dpkg -l | awk '{ print $2 " " $3 }'

	moritz
--
/* Moritz Schulte <moritz@hp9001.fh-bielefeld.de>
 * http://hp9001.fh-bielefeld.de/~moritz/