when will I learn? [was: getting german "umlauts" on potato]

On Sun, Nov 12, 2000 at 05:42:55PM -0900, Ethan Benson wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 03:46:39AM +0100, Gerald wrote:
> > It's so nice to get such an immediate reply to almost any question in
> > this list :) ! There's always somebody who knows...

I agree, hope that you folks can help me.

The thing is that I've have problems with mutt and showing swedish charactersso I tried to use the tips involved with this thread, whit the result that I completely screwed up. Now bash refuses to display my swedish characters, but the rest of the kbd-layout works exactly as 'usual'.

So two q's:
- how can I restore this?
- how can I get mutt to show swedish characters?

regards, anarchy&love
tomas