Re: From Potato to Woody.

On Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 03:02:43PM +0000, sena wrote:
> Hi.. I believe that this must be a FAQ, but here it goes anyway...
>
> How can I upgrade from Potato to Woody? I'm thinking of doing the following:
> 	1) change all the lines in sources.list from stable to woody;
> 	2) running "apt-get update";
> 	3) running "apt-get dist-upgrade".
>
> But I'm not sure if this is the correct solution.. Any hints? Thanks...

from what i understand of apt, that's the best way,
the quick way, and the Only Debian Way.

the only variation i see is HOW to munge sources.list ... you
might try 'apt-setup' if you've got it (try 'apt-get intsall
base-config' if you don't).

--
There are only two places in the world where time takes
precedence over the job to be done.  School and prison.

will@serensoft.com    ***    http://www.dontUthink.com/

volunteer to document your experience for next week's
newbies -- http://www.eGroups.com/messages/newbieDoc