Re: Debian installation from NT

On Tue, 14 Nov 2000, C. Falconer wrote:

> At 10:44 AM 11/13/00 -0200, you wrote:
> >     I've installed and configured Debian a lot of times in my local
> >network, always from our linux local debian mirror. But I've never installed
> >it from a NT mirror and now I'm having some troubles installing debian
> >via NFS from it.
>
> Does the local linux mirror use NFS to serve the files?  Does NT use NFS or
> SMB (a-la samba)  AFAIK NFS for NT is a separate product, and not part of
> the standard package.

What I did ones was install an ftp server on the NT machine (you can grab
them of the net for free, you could also use IIS or something for it, if
you got it). Only problem I ran into was the symbolic links on my CD
(where I copied it all from), so what I had to do, was move everything
from binary-all to binary-i386 (or other architecture) to get things
installed (otherwise you'll have zero length files :( ).

But this was just as first install on a system with no CD-rom drive, later
I definitly used a different way. :)

Maybe this was helpfull.