Q: Procedure to follow w/Compiled apps?

Hi,

I have two related question on procedure it would be great to have the
answer to...

1. I have compiled and installed a new kernel. I'll keep the source in place
for future work, but what of the org bzImage? Does one leave that in place
as
well or is it ok to remove it?

2. I compiled and installed an app that will not require me to keep the
source. Can I remove it? How without taking the binaries?

3. The new app went in /usr/local/bin but I feel it belongs in /usr/lib/X11
with the other X apps. Is it a good idea to move it? Can I?

Thanks,

Jonathan

PS If I remove the source, can I still remove the app later? If so, how?