Re: sound problem with via82cxxx

On Sun, Nov 12, 2000 at 12:52:15PM +0100, nikolai.hlubek@mailbox.tu-dresden.de wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have a KinetiZ7T mainbord with build in VT82C686A
> use Debian potato and am trying to get sound.
>
> modprobe ac97_codec works
> modprobe via82cxxx fails

Had the same problem, so I switched to ALSA. I think the modules in OSS
is for a different card.

If you want to try ALSA you have to compile from sources, sinche the version
in potato does not support the VIA chipset. You need at least 0.5.7.
Last time I checked, ALSA modules for VIA had not support for MIDI yet
(it was planned, tough), so you may need to use software MIDI instead
(e.g. timidity).

Ciao
--
FB