Workstation and IP-Masquerading

Hi,

I have two PC's at home and would like to share my internet connection
(DSL) between them. As I don't want a third computer here running all the time
I was thinking to enable IP-Masquerading on one of them and build a
firewall on it as well. It will be running Samba too. Nevertheless I'd like to
continue using these PC's as Workstations.

Does that seem to be a useful approach? I would really appreciate any
opions or suggestions you might have. TIA.

Robert