Re: Workstation and IP-Masquerading

I just set up a masquerade box at work in about 1.5 hours (from scratch) with
Debian.  Just make your box with two nics, configure one nic for your outside
connection, configure the other for 192.168.0.1, and then install the ipmasq
package.  One of the questions the package asks you is if you want to start
masquerading.  Say yes.  You might have to tweak the ipchains a little after that,
but the minimum install works right out of the box.  For the other boxes, give them
ip's in the 192.168.0.XXX range, and tell them that 192.168.0.1 is their gateway.  It
was so easy, I was surprised.

BTW, this is what I like about debian--all the default configurations are just where
you want them to be.

--Mike