Re: Recomended NIC for router/server

Jim Lisi wrote:

> I am puting together a server/router/firewall mashine (yes its all those
> together)
> I am looking for recomendasions for a good NIC to use.  It neads to be a
> 10/100baseT

My firewall/server/router machine has got eepro100's and I've never had
a problem with them. The machine is only a Pentium 200 and it handles
everything without any trouble. One nic connects to the cable-modem and
the other to the intranet through a 10/100 hub. Two machines locally run
100 mbit (laptop, iMac) and another runs 10 mbit (HPUX workstation).

It runs apache, postgres, sshd, ip-chains on 2.2.17 effortlessly.

Mike