Re: synchronize dselect

"Allan F. Caetano" <afct@uol.com.br> wrote:
>    Oege> Is there any way I can synchronize my dselect requests with what
>    Oege> packages I actually have installed?
>
>    This may help (in fact, it comes from the FAQ):
>
>    $ dpkg --get-selections | sed -e 's/uninstall/install/' > foobar
>    $ dpkg --set-selections < foobar
>
>    And avoid using dselect in the future!

Or use it all the time, except for the odd apt-get for something
trivial. I find it an exceedingly useful tool when you don't happen to
know the exact dependency structure of what you're trying to install
(maybe, one day, when apt supports Suggests: ...), provided you know
what you're doing with it.