Re: Help with apache

Neil Darlow <neil@darlow.co.uk> wrote:
>On 11/10/00, 6:57:06 PM, Eileen Orbell wrote:
>> I have 3 files in my /etc/apache directory
>> httpd.conf
>> srm.conf
>> access.conf
>
>Newer versions of apache only use the httpd.conf file. The others used
>to be included into httpd.conf but now they're commented out.

I don't believe that's quite true. I think what happened is that the
others used to be used by default upstream but now people are advised to
put everything in httpd.conf instead; in practice they all get treated
as different bits of the one file. Certainly the Debian packages of
Apache still use all three.