Re: Help with apache

On 11/10/00, 6:57:06 PM, Eileen Orbell wrote:

> I need a little help with apache and setting up the following code to
> run.  At this moment it is contained in my .hmtl file and nothing happens
> other than the other html code I have in there

> <!--#exec cgi="http://hostname/cgi-bin/count.cgi"-->

> I have 3 files in my /etc/apache directory
> httpd.conf
> srm.conf
> access.conf

> If this helps any I can run .cgi files in the cgi-bin directory fine...
> I do appreciate any help.  I have tried this for days now and nothing!!!

Newer versions of apache only use the httpd.conf file. The others used
to be included into httpd.conf but now they're commented out.

Your problem may be due to not being able to execute SSI includes for the
directory where your .html file is located.

There are a number of <Directory > entries in httpd.conf each of which
becomes less restrictive. Chances are that one of these may have an entry
for Options that doesn't say "Includes" or says "IncludesNoExec".

Either of these would prevent your SSI tag from doing it's business.

There is also a requirement to use a script-aliased directory if you want
to execute cgi-bins or SSIs outside the document root. This is detailed
in httpd.conf itself.

Regards,
Neil Darlow.