Package Installation Failure

I have downloaded a Debian package: libforms0_89_0_89-6.deb under Windows (My
computer hosts both Linux/Debian2.2  and Windows and is equipped by a WinModem
not supported by Linux). When I try to install the package by dpkg -install, it
fails and I get the following messages:

dpkg-deb: file looks like it might be an archive which has been
dpkg-deb:    corrupted by being downloaded in ASCII mode
dpkg-deb: `/home/yves/APPLICATIONS/Packages/libforms0_89_0_89-6.deb' is not a
debian format archive
dpkg: error processing /home/yves/APPLICATIONS/Packages/libforms0_89_0_89-6.deb
(--install):
 subprocess dpkg-deb --control returned error exit status 2
 /home/yves/APPLICATIONS/Packages/libforms0_89_0_89-6.deb

It the first time I see this problem of  "ASCII mode". I used to download and
install this way RPMs and Suse packages without any problem.

Do you know  a way to fix this problem?

Nota: I need this libforms library to compile the last version of LyX.

ALCATEL SPACE INDUSTRIES