Potato et CDR YAMAHA 4416

Hi,

I've just moved from slackware 7.0 to debian 2.2 and everything works fine but
... i have a CDRW Yamaha 4416 (IDE) as HDC in my workstation. At boot time,
during the partition check step, i always have this type of message:  "hdc not
ready, non sense key, the "cd/dvd" command has failed: "25 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 "".
Boot ends normally after that. when i try to mount hdc, i hve the same error but
hdc is well mounted.

I've never see that before (even with slack), may de it's a problem with 2.2.17
kernel. Is anyone has the same problem ?? Please help me !!

Thanks in advance, laurent.