Re: Viva la mutt (was Re: Question and goodbye...)

On Thu, Nov 09, 2000 at 06:50:17PM -0800, kmself@ix.netcom.com wrote:
> on Thu, Nov 09, 2000 at 06:07:11PM -0800, Erik Steffl (steffl@bigfoot.com) wrote:
> > Francesco Bochicchio wrote:

> > > Yep. It was the amount on trafic on debian-user which forced me to abandon
> > > netscape mail client and learn how to use fetchmail+procmail+mutt.
> > > Once everithing is distributed in folders and sorted by threads, it is quite
> > > easy to pick up the interesting ones.
> >
> >   you can do that in netscape as well...
>
> Yes and no and yes.
>
> Netscape has filtering capabilities.  They're not as flexible as
> procmail (but they're easier to set up for basic functionality).  If
> you're using a POP mailbox and Netscape's built-in fetchmail
> functionality, this is an acceptable start.

i just took one on the chin because of netscape's email.

with filters, you have netscape drop incoming mail into
thisfolder or thatfolder, and any folder that gets new
mail is spozed to be hilited (name is bold) so you know
to look in there for the new missives.

my number one client had been emailing me for a week
before i got a nasty phone message asking what was
taking me so long.

one i emptied netscape's email trash folder, wherein
it compresses/compacts all other folders, the hiliting
started working again.

never had that problem with mutt.

--
There are only two places in the world where time takes
precedence over the job to be done.  School and prison.

will@serensoft.com    ***    http://www.dontUthink.com/

volunteer to document your experience for next week's
newbies -- http://www.eGroups.com/messages/newbieDoc