Re: sound

Are you a member of the group "audio"?  If not, you won't have access to the
dsp device, though I don't know if this is needed for playing audio cd's.

--
Did you know that if you play a Windows 2000 cd backwards, you
will hear the voice of Satan?

That's nothing!  If you play it forward, it'll install Windows 2000.