Re: signing gpg key with old key ...

The tools people use for sending you stuff should tell them that the key is expired. That should encourage them not to use it. If you revoke your old key that certainly invalidates the signature. Technically you can't change the expire date. I mean there's nothing to stop the software from changing the date and regenerating the signature but the server *should* recognize this and reject such a change since the old signature includes the expiration date.