Re: signing gpg key with old key ...

> how do i sign my new public key with my old private key?

okay sorry to follow up my own message but i just figured it out.
sometimes it seems that i have to write down (or explain it to someone
else) in order to figure it out.

if you need to do this it seems impossible from with in the --edit-key
menu you need to do it on the command line like this:

# gpg -u old-key-id --sign-key new-key-id

so now my next question is.  my old key id is expired but i've used it to
sign my new key.  i don't want people to use my old key.

should i revoke my old key or will that illegitimize it's signature on my
new key?

should i move the expire date on my old key (and update the keys server)?
if i do that how do i stop people from using it?

thanks,
adam.