Re: Question and goodbye...

On Wed, Nov 08, 2000 at 03:49:29PM +0000, sena wrote:
> Hi...
>
> Just to ask you a question: is there a way to specify which users may start
> the X window system? The Xserver file in /etc/X11 allows you to limit the
> access to X only to users on the Console, but is there a way of doing this
> on a user base? I still want my users to be able to use the X clients with
> a server on other machine.. I just want to limit the access to X11R6 on my
> machine...

A possible solution:

 # chmod -x /usr/bin/X11/X
 # addgroup x11users
 # chgrp /usr/bin/X11/X x11users
 # chmod g+x /usr/bin/X11/X
 # addgroup john x11users
 # addgroup mary x11users

 Marcelo Ramos                  |      \/       __    |
 Debian 2.2 GNU/Linux 2.2.17    |              |_/    /
 Linux registered user #118109  |                    \
 mramos@montevideo.com.uy       |_____|\/|_____|\_____\

 Firma la peticion de drivers para Linux en :
 http://www.libranet.com/petition.spanish.html