Re: Newbie sound help

Peter,

Many thanks for your help, I think I'm on the right track now.

I did notice that on my potato CD's there are some packages
called alsa* (Advanced Linux Soound Architecture?). For example,
alsa-base, alsaconf, alsautils. From the little I've read, they
seem to be backward compatible with OSS.

Is this so, and in that case, how does alsa fit in with your
excellent instructions? Is alsa ready yet, or is it still very
much a 'work-in-progress'?

--
Best regards,

Peter Hugosson-Miller
"Linux - the choice of a GNU generation!"