Re: Stradling the fence

Peak Allan <apeak_2000@yahoo.com> writes:

> I haven't done an "apt-get update && apt-get upgrade"
> since I installed the woody packages.  However I'm
> concerned that I may be missing out on security
> upgrades.  I'm thinking about going all the way to
> woody, but I'm worried about stability.  I have a
> single-user home desktop and don't need rock solid
> stability and I do like having the latest and
> greatest, but I'm also a newbie with limited time and
> skills and I like something that works.
>                            Allan

Potato gets security updates whenever a hole is discovered.  Just make sure
/etc/apt/sources.list contains the line for the security fixes:
deb http://security.debian.org stable/updates main contrib non-free

Woody is, for the most part, very stable.  Most breakages are only in the
packaging system, such as packages with broken dependencies.  Actual bad
packages (things that would cause stability problems) are very rare.

Hubert