Re: XFree86 4.0.1 crashes hard

On Mon, Nov 06, 2000 at 01:19:13AM -0800, Erik Steffl wrote:
> Jeremy Hankins wrote:
> > But when I run xinit to test it the the machine crashes hard.  Console
> > doesn't respond, no response to pings, etc.
> >
> > I've tried several things: using the vga driver rather than s3virge,
> > taking out some of the modules & options that xf86cofig set, making sure
> > that I had all vestiges of xf 3.x removed, etc.  But I haven't been
> > getting anywhere.

Run

X -probeonly 2>&1 | tee x.log

and look the file x.log (in this file will be the output from the Xserver).

Marcelo.

 Marcelo Ramos                  |      \/       __    |
 Debian 2.2 GNU/Linux 2.2.17    |              |_/    /
 Linux registered user #118109  |                    \
 mramos@montevideo.com.uy       |_____|\/|_____|\_____\