Re: Compiling kernels

Hi,

On Mon, 6 Nov 2000, Matthew Sackman wrote:
> The problem is that my kernels refuse to install. I have downloaded the
> kernels from ftp.kernel.org, unpacked them. Configured them using menuconfig,
If I understand you right you downloaded a tarball from kernel.org and no
deb file. If so you have to do a:
make dep
mek modules
make modules_install
make bzImage

and then run lilo with the new kernel image or just run make bzlilo
instead of make bzImage as the last command.

Good Luck,
         Timo<t_benk@gmx.de>
--

    .-'~~~-.