Re: latex question

Sorry for this followup to my own posting.

> > >     You lost me. You always define footnote contents by yourself. Do you mean
> > > redesigning the entire footnote format?
> > >
> > >     Mike
> > >

> > I tried this. But if I do \footnote{The Text I want}, I always get a
> > line above and number in the front. Can I change this in a way?
> > I need to write my address, "Aufsichtsrat" (sorry I don't know the english
> > meaning) and bankaccount there.
> >
> >         Manuel
>
> This normal for a footnote, which usually doesn't appear in
> letters. You should read the .dvi file that comes with packages like
> g-brief.

If there's none, latex the .dtx.

>I suggest you also read a book about LaTeX, Vol. 1 of Kopka's
> LaTeX book is very good, or the LaTeX Companion, to get an idea about
> the underlying concepts.
>
> For now I'd take a look at lyx, a graphical frontend to LaTeX. It's
> _very_ easy to use, and has g-brief set up in the way you're probably
> looking for (Layout - Document - letter (g-brief, german)).

It's actually Layout - Document - -Class - letter (g-brief, german)

And the best way to get what I had in mind is to use the "File - New from
template" (Datei - Neu von Vorlage oder so) function. First you enter
the name of your document, second you chose from the templates.

-- Andre