Message from syslogd...

I went away for a few days, leaving my computer running (as it always is) and
I had an Eterm open in my X session.  When I came back, I got this:

Message from syslogd@omega at Thu Nov  2 16:46:54 2000 ...

FYI, omega is my computer's hostname.  Now, what exactly does this cryptic
message mean, if anything at all?  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I'm running Debian 2.2 with bits of unstable packages installed, and according
to dpkg, 'sysklogd' is installed as version 1.3-33

 J.P. Larocque, known online as piranha
 Fidonet: prowler@1:346/6 (The Garage, 509-326-4609)

"If you can't make it good, make it LOOK good." -Bill Gates