Re: I messed up Xfree86

Claudette if I get either the beers or the strippers, you will have made a
friend for life. In fact just the suggestion of them makes you a friend
automatically :)

I must thank whoever mentioned the XFree86 -configure command, that
starting point was the catalyst to getting X working - the rest was just
comparing 3.3.6 and the XFree86-generated 4.0.1 XF86Config files and
hacking til it worked, then copying to /etc/X11 and hoping :)

I'm still looking at the fonts bit - my fonts have certainly changed
between 3 and 4, but they aren't bad so it's not urgent. Certainly I'm
sure I don't have anywhere near as many as before.

I've noticed there were a lot more font paths in my 3 config file than I
have in my 4 file, I might play with them tomorrow (it's 2:45AM now and
I've just got back from the pub).

Cheers,
 Corey J. Popelier
 http://members.dingoblue.net.au/~pancreas