Re: Debian Potato and Alcatel Speed Touch USB?

On Sat, 04 Nov 2000 20:27:59 +0100, Ringo De Smet writes:
>Q:
>Does the USB backport for 2.2 kernels supports networking stacks? Or am
>I better of with the NIC connected ADSL modem?

I don´t know about linux+USB+networking, but we have extensively tested
 the Alcatel Speed Touch here in .at-land, where the ISPs all have to
 resell $quasimonopolytelcos ADSL, which has equipped the whole country
 with Alcatel Speed Touch´s. You´re better off with the NIC-version, if
 the telco requires you to set up PPTP/IP to the modem, it is afaik
 you´re only option with linux anyway. It´s also a fact that 802.3
 (ethernet) networking is proven and stable with linux, and USB is
 quite new, so you may want to consider that also...

>Q:
>Does anyone else have this kind of setup?

I´m writing this mail over one ;-)

hth,
&rw
--
/  Ing. Robert Waldner  | Network Engineer | T: +43 1 89933  F: x533 \
\ <Waldner@KPNQwest.at> |    KPNQwest/AT   | Diefenbachg. 35, A-1150 /