Re: installation problem

Most likely the kernel is not aware of the ATA100 interface yet. If you
can, slot in a multi-I/O card with IDE i/f & use this to install. You'll
have to seek out a kernel patch for the ATA100 controller. The reported
"Promise" controller is the ATA100 chipset being detected but not
recognized.

Paul Sims (wulfie@wulfric7.co.uk)
SpireLUG - the Chesterfield Linux User Group
www.spirelug.org.uk