Re: Which editor for programming?

On Wed, Nov 01, 2000 at 10:00:26PM +0100, thus spake Stephan Kulka:
> I started programming in C and I would like to know whether there is an
> editor which is especially good for writing and editing source code. At
> the moment I am using vi at the command line.
> Besides I would like to know where to start reading about using the
> shellvariables, e.g. PATH .

Vim!!!  Use the latest stable release (5.7.02?)   and have a look at Dr
Campbell's website

"http://users.erols.com/astronaut/vim/";   for some really good code-writing
aids.

www.vim.org is another good place to start researching.

HTH

Glyn M

-
                   * None can love freedom heartily but good men; *
                   *    the rest love not freedom but license     *
                   *                John Milton                   *