Upgrade problems...

 Hi folks.
 In spite of best intentions I experienced corruption of a Reiserfs partition.
 This was particularly noticable while running 'apt-get dist-upgrade' on a
 woody system.
 To put it briefly apt couldn't remove certain files during install and halted
 at the point. I rebuilt the filesystem tree which fixed the file deletion
 problem.
 However, I have been unable to install later packages, particularly slib and
 any dependent packages.

 I've tried 'apt-get -f install slib' and the following occurs...
 Any assistance appreciated.

 Cheers,
 Matt.

-------------------------
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
  slib
0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 78 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B/504kB of archives. After unpacking 2287kB will be used.
Selecting previously deselected package slib.
(Reading database ... dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/slib_2c9-1_all.deb (--unpack):
 files list file for package `xviewg' is missing final newline
 /var/cache/apt/archives/slib_2c9-1_all.deb
Processing was halted because there were too many errors.