Re: New Motherboard

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Jack Morgan wrote:

> I need to get a new Motherboard, I want to use my Celry 566 MHZ.
> Any suggestions? Has anyone got the intel 815e chip to work under
> with Debian?

A week ago I bought an ASUS CUSL2 815e. Works fine once I turned off the
"Boot virus detect" in the BIOS. My ATA66/7200RPM drive went from 9.0 to
23.6 MB/sec with the ATA66/100 support, according to hdparm.

I didn't try to use the on-board intel video (815). Oh, I had to pop out
the battery to clear the BIOS before it would recognise my PCI video card.
Don't know why.

...RickM...