Zope newbie can't log in

I am a newbie as far as apache and zope is concerned and would like to
get to know these two programs.

I can log in on Zope as superuser and create a new user.  But I can
not log in as that user although anything is correct as far as the
login name and password is concerned.

I have removed apache still can not log in as user - even user 'a'
with password 'a' which I created as superuser.  I have tried it on
Mozilla, Netscape and Lynx.  Links would not work with Zope because it
ignores the :9673 part in references.

I have removed zope and /var/lib/zope and reinstalled it and the same
happens. I can not log in as normal user.

I found this in the FAQ:

    2. I have installed Zope, and when I go to the URL in my web
       browser, I get a password prompt. Although I type in the correct
       username and password, I keep getting prompted. What is going on?

       Zope manages access control internally, but it relies on your
       web server software to relay any authentication information in
       web requests. Some web servers automatically filter this information
       out of requests passed to cgi programs. If you keep getting password
       prompts that never accept your password, this means that your web
       server is not properly configured to pass authentication info on to
       Zope. See the doc/WEBVSERVER.txt file for information on correctly
       configuring your web server to pass authentication information.

But I have removed the web server now and it still happens!

I hope somebody can help me on this one.

Johann

--
J.H. Spies - Tel. 082 782 0336 / 023 55 11 568
     "Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain

----- End forwarded message -----