Re: gpm and X mouse together

On Thu, Oct 26, 2000 at 07:25:33PM +0200, Daniel de los Reyes wrote:
> How can I use both gmp and my mouse under X?
>
> My mouse is a wheel mouse, currently my XF86Config is set to IMPS/2 protocol
> and /dev/psaux as device.
> If I don't kill gpm when I switch to X from console the mouse doesn't work.
> I have tried to set the device to /dev/gpmdata in XF86Config but this does
> not work if I use the IMPS/2 protocol

To get it to work you'll have to choose IMPS/2 both for gpm and for X,
select /dev/psaux for gpm and /dev/gpmdata in XF86Config as you probably
did, and then add the following line to /etc/gpm.conf to top it off:

   repeat_type = raw

You are aware that to get the wheel working you either have to use imwheel
or you have to add the next line to the mouse section in XF86Config:

   ZAxisMapping    4 5

Happy wheeling

--
groetjes, carel