Re: Voodoo 3 2000

I haven't tried the 4.0 server with my Voodoo card yet - just the Mach64.
And unfortunately, I don't quite remember what went on with the config file. As far as I
remember, it updated it automatically - but I could be completely wrong here. I'm pretty sure
that XF4.0 can't read XF3.3.x config files. The thing that I remember is that XF4.0 expects the
config file in /etc/XF86Config (as opposed to /etc/X11/XF86Config) and the installation of
XF4.0 didn't move it over automatically.
If I were you and wanted to try 4.0, I would definitely make a backup. I haven't had any
troubles with my current installation, but some people obviously couldn't get it to work at all
and had to revert to 3.3.x.

HTH,
Juergen