Re: Voodoo 3 2000

Juergen Fiedler wrote:

> I think I know that one: XFree 4.0.x didn't make it onto the CD's. I'm using it on my
> laptop (ATI Mach 64
> LE)  and it works quite nicely. I get it via apt-get with the following sources:
>
> deb http://samosa.debian.org/%7Ebranden/ woody/$(ARCH)/
> deb-src http://samosa.debian.org/%7Ebranden/ woody/source/
>
> As to the Voodoo 3 drivers for 4.0: They scare me. The description on their site seems to
> indicate that games that rely on glide won't work with this server - and what would be the
> point in getting a Voodoo card if I can't play most of the games that I got it for  in the
> first place?
> Please correct me if I'm wrong about this (Please! I would really love to be wrong!).

Thanks for the URL Juergen, should be a great help for the near
future.
Did the update to xfree 4.0.x destroy your 3.3.6 configuration,
precisely - can I choose between both in the startx script?

The magazin C'T (www.heise.de) had a article recently about this
subject and reporting
having trouble with the VooDoo (2,3) cards.
Hopefuly they managed a workaround.
If you don't happen to find it on their server contact me - I'll have
a look in the past 7 magazines.

Robert