Re: Which are the packages for Navigator ?

robert_wilhelm_land <robert_wilhelm_land@csi.com> wrote:

> Ezequiel Reyes wrote:
> > [..] I tried searching for the netscape
> > navigator packages in the Debian site [..], but I get a large list of packages in the
> > resulting search page [..] There are some of them that seem to belong to
> > diferent versions (4.5, 4.7 etc) [..]  Could anybody tell
> > me which are the ones I should download for a minimal instalation of
> > navigator ?
>
> Just installed Communicator 4.73 [..]

When you use Dselect, it should be easy to install Navigator. Just
order the package Navigator. Then dselect tells you what other
packages you need. Howeverm
when I am well informed, Navigator up to version 4.73, at least the
Java engine in it, is unsafe. The safe Navigator version, 4.75, is not
in Potato, but in Woody. Therefore, I installed this version from the
Web site, which is a PITA. I wonder whether it is a good idea to
incorporate Navigator 4.75 in some way into Potato.

Greets,

Paul Huygen.