Re: pop-authenticate before SMTP?

On Tue, Oct 24, 2000 at 04:46:34AM -0700,
Jonathan Markevich wrote:

> My ISP is going down the toilet (again) and can't/won't manage a SMTP
> server.  I'm forced to look at another option... Yahoo has a SMTP
> server I can use, since I do have an account with them, but I have to
> pop-authenticate before I can use it.
>
> Does anyone know the best MTA to use that allows this?  I've tried
> running fetchpop just before manually flushing the queue but it
> doesn't seem to like it...  Right now I'm using Potato's exim.
>
> Thanks.

Don't know if this is what you mean[*], but you can use fetchmail for it.
fetchmail -p pop3 -u <user> <pop.address> (or for multiple popservers you
can place this in a script)

After this it askes for your password and you're done :P

* what is "MTA" ?

Digital Overdrive

--
Dutch Security Information Network /\     \\|//     /\
http://www.dsinet.org             / Life is a lesson, \